Study English with topics - Phrasal verbs (Part 8) - Telephoning | Learn vocabularies.

Hello everyone,

Please join with me to study some phrasal verbs related to the topic "telephoning".

Please open the link below to watch, subscribe, comment, like and share to motivate me.

Thanks so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSnhqDteqYE

hold on /həʊld ɒn/
     to wait while someone else does something, especially when you are using the phone (giữ máy đợi ai đó)
     Can you hold on? I'll try to connect you.
     Could you hold on for a minute? She will come in just a moment.

@ hang up /hæŋ ʌp/
     to end a phone conversation (dập máy, kết thúc cuộc gọi)
     Don't hang up. There's something else I want to say.
     Let me speak to President Trump before you hang up.

@ ring up /rɪŋ ʌp/
     to make a phone call to someone (gọi điện cho ai)
     She rang me up to say she couldn't come.
     He rang up the office and asked to speak to the manager.

@ put through /pʊt θruː/
     to connect a person using a phone to the person they want to speak to (chuyển cuộc gọi sang máy khác)
     Could you put me through to customer services, please?
     I expect someone to either answer or at least put me through to somebody who I can talk to.

@ get through /ɡet θruː/
     to succeed in talking to someone on the phone (kết nối với máy nào đó)
     I tried phoning her, but I couldn't get through.
     I waited a day and got through to an automated message that transferred me to an employee.

@ call back /kɔːl bæk/
     to phone someone again, or to phone someone who called you earlier (gọi điện lại cho ai)
     I'm a bit busy. Can I call you back later?
     He called her three times but she never called the guy back.

@ pick up /pɪk ʌp/
     to answer the phone (nghe điện thoại)
     I tried his home number but he didn't pick up.
     To be honest, I don't like to pick up the phone from a strange number. It always brings me trouble.





Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post