Study English with topics - Phrasal verbs (Part 11) - Health | Learn vocabularies.

Hello everyone,

Please join with me to study some phrasal verbs related to the topic "health".

Please open the link below to watch, subscribe, comment, like and share to motivate me.

Thanks so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83pemSHnzQA


@ come down with /kʌm daʊn wɪð/
     to start to suffer from an illness, especially one that is not serious (mắc phải, bị bệnh)
     I think I'm coming down with flue.
     Garlic is believed to help prevent a cold, or lessen the effects of one you have all ready come down with.

@ fight off /faɪt ɒf/
     to free yourself from an illness or a desire to do something you should not do (chống lại, kháng lại)
     Her body couldn't fight the infection off.
     It adapts to fight off specific invading organisms.

@ block up /blɒk ʌp/
      to fill a narrow space with something so that nothing can pass through (bị tắc, làm tắc mũi)
     My nose was blocke up due to flower allergy.
     I'm fighting off a sore throat and my nose is constantly blocked up.

@ swell up /swel ʌp/
     to become larger and rounder than usual, to cause to increase in size or amount (sưng lên)
     It was obvious she had broken her toe, because it immediately started to swell up.
     My foot swelled up to three times the normal size when it was stung by a wasp.

@ throw up /θrəʊ ʌp/
     to vomit (nôn mửa, ói)
     He threw up his breakfast all over the back seat of the car.
     I fed the baby some fruits, but she threw it up.

@ pass out /pɑːs aʊt/
     to become unconscious for a short time, for example when ill, badly hurt, or drunk (bất tỉnh, ngất xỉu)
     I was hit on the head and passed out.
     I've passed out a couple of times recently.

@ shake off /ʃeɪk ɒf/
     to get rid of an illness (tống khứ, cố gắng khỏi bệnh)
     I hope I can shake off this cold before the weekend.
     I wish I could shake it off as I have so much work to do.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post