Study English with topics - Phrasal verbs (Part 15) - Money | Learn vocabularies.

Hello everyone,

Please join with me to study some phrasal verbs related to the topic "money".

Please open the link below to watch, subscribe, comment, like and share to motivate me.

Thanks so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi3zViARYzc


@ save up /seɪv ʌp/
     to keep money so that you can buy something with it in the future (tiết kiệm tiền)
     It took me months to save up enough money to go travelling.
     When I was young, I often save up money with a piggy bank.

@ splash out /splæʃ aʊt/
     to spend a lot of money on buying things, especially things that are pleasant to have but that you do not need (tiêu tiền vào những thứ không cần)
     They splashed out £10,000 on a holiday.
     When his father died, he inherited a large property and constantly splashed out on useless parties.

@ cut back /kʌt bæk/
     to spend less, do less, or use less of something (cắt giảm )
     The government has announced plans to cut back on defence spending by 10 percent next year.
     We are trying to cut back on travel costs.

@ shell out /ʃel aʊt/
     to pay money for something, especially when the cost is unexpected and not wanted (tiêu tiền vào việc gì khi giá đắt)
     I hope we don't have to shell out a lot of money for tickets.
     I had to shell out a hundred dollars on the dinner with her.

@ get by /ɡet baɪ/
     to be able to live or deal with a situation with difficulty, usually by having just enough of something you need, such as money (vừa đủ sống)
     When we were students, we got by on very little money.
     There is tremendous pressure on families trying to get by without health insurance.

@ tide over /taɪd ˈəʊvə(r)/
     to help someone to work or operate normally through a difficult period, usually by lending them money (giúp đỡ ai qua giai đoạn khó khăn, như cho mượn tiền)
     Can you lend me some money to tide me over till the weekend?
     This $50 will tide me over until I get paid.

@ pay back /peɪ bæk/
     to pay someone the money that you owe them (trả lại ai tiền)
     He still hasn't paid me back that money he owes me.
     I have borrowed money from people in the past but I've always paid them back.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post