Study English with topics - Phrasal verbs (Part 20) - Emotions | Learn vocabularies.

Hello everyone,

Please join with me to study some phrasal verbs related to the topic "emotions".

Please open the link below to watch, subscribe, comment, like and share to motivate me.

Thanks so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tFigByk_mM


@ let down /let daʊn/
    to disappoint someone by failing to do what you agreed to do or were expected to do (làm ai thất vọng vì thất hứa hoặc không như mong đợi)
    When I was sent to prison, I really felt I had let my parents down.
     I'm relying on your help, please don't let me down.

@ calm down /kɑːm daʊn/
     to stop feeling upset, angry, or excited, or to stop someone feeling this way (bình tĩnh lại hoặc làm ai bình tĩnh lại)
     Dad was really angry and it was a long time before he calmed down.
     It took me an hour to calm down after the argument.

@ cheer up /tʃɪə(r) ʌp/
     if someone cheers up, or something cheers someone up, they start to feel happier (ai cảm thấy vui vẻ hoặc cái gì làm cho ai cảm thấy vui vẻ)
     He tried to cheer her up but found himself unequal to the task.
     My dog came and nuzzled my foot to try and cheer me up.

@ look down on /lʊk daʊn ɒn/
     to think that you are better than someone (nghĩ rằng bạn giỏi hơn ai)
     She thinks they look down on her because she doesn’t have a job.
     Homeowners often look down on plumbers.

@ look forward to /lʊk ˈfɔːwəd tuː/
     to feel pleased or excited about something that is going to happen (mong đợi điều gì sắp xảy ra)
     She was looking forward to seeing the grandchildren again.
     I'm really looking forward to my new job.

@ burst out /bɜːst aʊt/
     to suddenly say something loudly (bất ngờ nói gì lớn)
     I almost burst out laughing when I saw what she was wearing.
     I burst out crying because of feeling a mix of emotions.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post